Thursday, August 24, 2017

Pleasure Overload Part 2: The Pleasure Is Reloaded

The dark ages of fighting games feel like they are gone never to return again. Almost every year has felt like a big year for fighting games. I personally have stated this for at least the last two years because almost every big title has been announced or released within this time span and it looked like things were slowing down....then E3 came along and changed everything!!

Arc System Works and Bandai Namco finally did something that I have personally wanted to see for years now, a true Dragon Ball Z fighting game!! It goes without saying, I'm manic about this game! So far it is overhyping my expectations and if there is one game that I have in my hurry up and buy list this is definitely it. 

Even with Dragon Ball FighterZ incoming, there are a few other titles peaking my interest that are on their way as well. Arika, known for bringing the popular Street Fighter franchise to the world of 3D polygonal bliss, is bringing back some of the original characters that we have been missing from the EX series and it looks beyond incredible!!

Though Arc System Works is bringing the incredible DBZ series to fighting game life, they were by no means satisfied with just giving us one fighting game title to enjoy next year. Just a month after DBFZ's announcement, we were surprised to learn they would be giving us their first crossover title spearheaded by the BlazBlue franchise...I could have died in their arms that night I was so shocked. 

Let's be clear about something, the year is not over with, there are already three big fighting game titles planned for next year, and I just feel like there may just be at least one more announcement from my favorite fighting game developer SNK. 

I have a problem with standing still and this is making it much...much worse. I think it is safe to say that any competitive hope I might have had is gone from me now. I will be a casual fighting gamer for the rest of my days the pleasure overload is just too real to contain. 

It's unfortunate that sides will be chosen, that some of these games may not get the community they deserve. I have seen this far too often and it is a shame honestly but because often times commitment and mastery go hand in hand, keeping one's interest in so many of these fighting games becomes a pretty big undertaking. 

Never the less, I am over excited about what is to come and I'm hoping that I can somehow fit these new games into what already is a very large library of enjoyable fighting game titles at my disposal Pleasure overload season has returned...are you ready?!


No comments:

Post a Comment